- Grants parade permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Plan and direct the maintenance, filing, safekeeping, and computerization of all municipal documents
- Prepare meeting agendas or packets of related information
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, or proclamations so that they can be executed, recorded, archived, or distributed
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts
- Serve as a notary of the public
- Maintain and update documents, such as municipal codes or city charters
The City Clerk serves as the link between City Council and citizens as well as between the City Manager and city employees.
The office of City Clerk for City of New Plymouth provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council and the City Manager. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of City of New Plymouth City Clerk.